Want to make a difference for children and families? Join our team! We’re currently hiring for a Bookkeeper/Accountant to join our Finance team. Apply today through the Careers page of our website!
The Bookkeeper/Accountant is an important part of the Finance team and is responsible for managing and implementing all bookkeeping/accounting tasks and processes in accordance with financial policies and accounting standards (GAAP). This position requires strong full-charge bookkeeping/accounting skills, including Payroll, AP, AR, taxes, schedule maintenance, and month end process; and requires experience in nonprofit sector bookkeeping/accounting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of full cycle non-profit bookkeeping/accounting, payroll, fund accounting experience
- Past experience working in non-profit organizations, including audits
- Advanced knowledge of: Generally Accepted Accounting principles (US GAAP)
- Experience with Functional Expense Allocation
- Advanced experience with QuickBooks
- Advanced knowledge and experience with ADP and/or automated payroll systems
- Non-profit accounting and FASB
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to critically analyze data and processes
- Advanced MS Excel skills; strong computer skills, including all Microsoft Office products
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced accounting environment
- Strong customer service orientation, written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate an eagerness to learn and enhance skills that promote Equity and Inclusion
- Ability to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings and weekends
Salary range: $68,000-$73,000
This position works from the Launch office in the Georgetown area of Seattle. This position is eligible for medical, dental and vision benefits (1st of the month following 60 days of employment), 401k – including a 3% company match, generous paid time off, and 14 paid holidays each year, one of which is a floating holiday. Our benefits package also includes a monthly Orca card benefit, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, and more!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Launch is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please contact our HR team at (206) 726-7972. We will make a determination regarding your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis. Launch is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit and an equal opportunity employer.